Font Customization Utility (FontRunner)
for TM-U120 Series
Issue Date : September 2, 2009
We have released the Font Customization Utility (FontRunner) for TM-U120 series Ver.1.00.
The changed point is as following.
Added support model
Added new function
FontRunner has the following features.
- Create the font pattern.
- Edit the font pattern.
- Save the font pattern to the file.
- Upload the font pattern from the printer.
- Download the font pattern to the printer.
- Copy and paste the BMP data.
- Print the font pattern (Terminal Printer).
- Print the font pattern (TM Printer).
Some functions can be executed from the command line. Refer to the user's manual attached in the installer for details.
Please refer to the User's Manual included in the installer for details.
3. Contents of this release version
FontRunner for TM-U120 series Version: 1.00
TMU120SeriesFntRun100E.zip (Self-extracting file) includes Setup files.
* User's manual is included.
- Operating System
Windows 2000 Professional SP4
Windows XP Professional SP2 or later (32 Bit)
Windows Vista Business/Ultimate/Home Premium/Home Basic/Enterprise SP1 (32 Bit)
- Disk Space
- 2MB or more of free space
- Communication Port
* But, XON/XOFF handshaking is not supported. Please change handshaking of TM Printer to DTR/DSR handshaking when you use this utility.
* Specify Serial I/F when you use Bluetooth I/F. But, If you execute function of Firmware update, Backup and Restore, please specify the most faster baud-rate of the products.
* On Windows 2000 or Windows XP, you cannot use LPT Port when other printer driver (Terminal Printer etc.) was mounted on same port. Please release port for this utility when you use this utility.
Model Name Definition File Name
(Def File Version)
TM-U120 Tm-u120.def (1.00) TM-U120II Tm-u120II.def (1.00)
Support Function and Level (Supt. : Supported / no: Not supported)
Outline of function
|Repairing *2)||Command Initial*2)|
|Save (Download Font/Extended Font *3)||Saves a created font pattern to the file||no||no||no||no|
|Load (Download Font/Extended Font *3)||Loads a download font pattern from the file||no||no||no||no|
|New (Download Font/Extended Font *3)||Create a download font pattern||no||no||no||no|
|Write to File (Download Font/Extended Font *3)||Writes a created font pattern to the file as command binary data||no||no||no||no|
|Download (Download Font/Extended Font *3)||Download a download font pattern to the TM Printer||no||no||no||no|
|Print to Terminal Printer||Prints a created font pattern to the terminal printer||no||Supt.||Supt.||no|
|Test Print||Tests a created font pattern by the TM Printer||no||Supt.||Supt.||no|
|New (Space Page Font)||Creates a space page font pattern||Supt.||Supt.||Supt.||no|
|Save (Space Page Font)||Saves a created font pattern to the file||Supt.||Supt.||Supt.||no|
|Load (Space Page Font)||Loads a space page font pattern from the file||no||Supt.||Supt.||no|
|Upload (Space Page Font)||Upload a created font pattern from the TM Printer||no||Supt.||Supt.||no|
|Batch Download (Space Page Font)||Download font pattern files to the TM Printer in bulk||no||Supt.||Supt.||Supt.|
|Write to File (Space Page Font)||Writes a created font pattern to a file as firmware file||no||Supt.||no||no|
|Change Command Initial Value Settings||Changes the Command Initial Value of specific model||no||-||-||-|
|Upload (Standard Page Font)||Download a standard page font pattern from the TM Printer||no||Supt.||no||no|
|Load (Standard Page Font)||Download a standard page font pattern from a firmware file||no||Supt.||no||no|
|DM-D Font data||Modifies and saves a DM-D font pattern||-||-||-||-|
*1 : TMSSUTL cannot be used if there is no user-ID and special password. "TMFNTRUN" for the user-ID and "T736I2W" for the password are for General use.
*2 : If you want to use functions for Adjustment and for Repairing, please contact your technical support because the special user-ID and the password are needed
*3 : Only Japanese Kanji is Supported for extended Font.